Saturday, October 23, 2010

Adelaide Festival Northern Lights 26.02-04.04.2010

Mligsvim-Ortsgh-nzrm-rnztvgjjcaefjf-thumbnail

26th Feb-14th March is the one of the most exciting time to visit Adelaide, SA. Why?? Simply because of the Adelaide Festival that offers a range of entertainment be it theatre, art, shows, for public, …etc. One of the event which caught my attention and it’s FREE was the Northern Lights display and it’s so near to my work place, from the time it’s up, I get to see it every time I walked past North Terrace. I must say it’s one of the most spectacular building art display I have ever seen. I know there’s something similiar in Sydney on the Opera house roof, but to me, seeing the Northern lights in Adelaide is an opportunity NOT TO MISS!!!! Heaps of people walk the north terrace to see them and snap photos. SUddenly North terrace became so popular and full of people from the usual nights!!!!

Mligsvim-Ortsgh-ibhdahdahe-target  The photos above and left were from http://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/servlet/Webaction=changePage&pageID=1710223120&recordID=495564559&s=2290869 which one can read more about the Northern light event and other events too. 



The different designs used on the buildings and the vivid colours really make the building that we see everyday SO DIFFERENT!!! From the old bluestone colonial buildings to a different world!!!
IMG_5962 27
IMG_597218

One of my favourite design is this aboriginal design which was I think the only aboriginal design.
IMG_5309

As the Adelaide Festival began in 1960, so 2010 marks the 50years of amazing years!!!
IMG_5313  

As there were many designs on few different buildings, I’ll present them in a movie format, I think i pretty much got all the designs from 2 nights of wait & snap in the cold!!!!

Hope u guys enjoy the slide show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment