Saturday, December 15, 2012

My 1st USA trip: Harlo,San Francisco!!! part 3

A FULL-ON DAY
Lots of
walking, snapping and enjoying
what SAN Francisco can Offer!!!

Although not the best weather for the day, 
no foggy morning
but being able to see the FULL Golden Gate Bridge
is just like a little dream came true


Fort point




And walking through the bridge
I can understand why it's so famous



I guessed I really can't hide my excitement, haha!!!





Yeah,USA!!!!



For such a construction to be built in 1937
with all the problems speculated 
"Many experts said that a bridge couldn’t be built across the 6,700 ft (2,042 m) strait. It had strong, swirling tides and currents, with water 372 ft (113 m) deep at the center of the channel, and frequent strong winds. Experts said that ferocious winds and blinding fogs would prevent construction and operation"
I can now understand why the Americans are so proud of the bridge!!!




View of bay bridge and San Francisco from the bridge


View of Sausalito



Yes, I'm ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!



The structure under the bridge


I'm glad I made the walk to Sausalito as it looked quite far!!! 
Cycling would definitely be the choice!!!


Sausalito is SO PRETTY!!! 
It's my 1st such view of residential + cafes + shops + houseboats built along the slope and next to the sea!!!
Often I saw such views from picture + documentaries from Europe
but to see something similar was GREAT experience!!!


Just LOVE the houses + cottages here!!! 


Came across this house, What a LOVELY view across!!!


Well, you GOT TO BE RICH to live here!!!


A stroll along the waterfront is just NICE!!! Imagine you and your love one, with a dog?? haha



My Lunch at Sausalito...hmm...so so...
others are just over my budget


Back to San Francisco
Walking up this STEEP slope
up this "Russian Hill"
 It is one of San Francisco's 44 hills, and one of its original "Seven Hills."
"The neighborhood's name goes back to the Gold Rush era, when settlers discovered a small Russian cemetery at the top of the hill. Russian naval and merchant ships frequently visited San Francisco throughout the 19th century beginning in 1806, and there are several mentions of burials of crew members in the Russian Hill cemetery in the first half of the century. The cemetery was removed, but the name remains to this day. Although the oldest Russian orthodox church in San Francisco, the Holy Trinity Cathedral is located a few blocks away on Van Ness and Green Street, there is presently no significant Russian presence here as the city's Russian community is located primarily in the Richmond District."




Even the Tram passed through here, 
it's one of the famous landmark for people to descend down 
Lombard Street



Lombard street 
it is famous for having a steep, one-block section that consists of eight tight hairpin turns.
The eight sharp turns (or switchbacks) that have earned the street the distinction of being the crookedest (most winding) street in the world (not sure still true not, haha)


In the right season,Spring....the blossoms along the road makes it even more an attraction!!! 
But too bad for me, haha.



The Palace of Fine Arts
 in the Marina District of San Francisco, California, is a monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there. One of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition, it is the only one still situated on its original site. It was rebuilt in 1965, and renovation of the lagoon, walkways, and a seismic retrofit were completed in early 2009.



Colonnades of the palace of fine arts



The rotunda 



View of Golden Gate Bridge from Golden Gate promenda/SF bay trail



View of Alcatraz island  from Golden Gate promenda/SF bay trail
Which I did not visit....
I heard U HAVE TO BOOK in ADVANCE ADVANCE!!!


My final destination was???
A homosexual town
named Castro
Haha, I did not google this nor did I knew bout this place
until the SF couch surfer whom I had dinner with
told me I SHOULD VISIT this place!!!
She was telling u can c this and that...

Oh well....yes, I went out of curiosity



Well, unfortunately I did not get to see much
except posters, photos, advertisements
You felt weird and slightly insecure to walk in such a place
with the people starring at you, haha


The only real experience I had here was
I went into a clothing shop
And I was entertained by a macho-looking man but not macho man
and I can't tahan that I walked out straight, lol


I was on a mission to spot for "couples", 
but unfortunately, there aren't many that I saw
except a few
EVEN OLD MEN can be couple!!My god, haha.



Well, u tell me, what's come into your mind when u see these??!!LOL


having said that,
I found the houses there really pretty, haha



BACK at SF, 
walking past the city hall
Saw a pretty silhouette!!!


Oh well, that's it for my 1st USA trip!!!
What a hassle to make the trip 
but I have a wonderful experience and trip!!!!
Will definitely go back for a MAJOR tour!!!
Till then USA!!! 


26 comments:

  1. What's up, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's
    in fact good, keep up writing.

    Here is my website ... thejesustip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take pleasure in, lead to I discovered exactly what I was taking a look for.
    You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a nice day. Bye

    my webpage michael clutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah seh, accidentally found your good sharing while clearing my favourite link.. i dint know SF could be so nice scene.. nice foto too .

    ReplyDelete
  4. tường cây giả 268
    http://thicongvuondung.com/thi-cong-tuong-cay-gia-tai-ha-noi

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة المثالي صقور لمكافحة الحشرات بالأحساء
    الحشرات من أكثر أسباب الانزعاج وبشدة عند في حال انتشار الحشرات في المكان بشكل كامل لذلك توفر الشركة عدد كبير جدا من المبيدات الحشرية المختلفة التي تستخدم للقضاء علي كافة أنواع الحشرات المختلفة وذلك لخطورة وجودها على صحة الإنسان ولأنها ناقله للأمراض بشكل أساسي مما يجعل خطورتها أكبر وضرورة مكافحتها أمر من الأمور الحتمية التي يجب عدم الإهمال فيها حتي لا تتطور الأمور أكبر من الطبيعي كما توفر الشركة مجموعة كبيرة من الأجهزة المختلفة التي تستخدم في عملية الرش والتي يمكنها الوصول إلى أدق الأماكن التي تنتشر بها الحشرات المختلفة وذلك للقضاء عليها تماما والتعامل معها بشكل نهائي
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
    شركة رش مبيدات بالاحساء
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالاحساء
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة الحمام بالخبر

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m agitated all these article directories. It sure would be nice to have every article directory that instantly accepts articles.softmedia

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is evidently a lot to know about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 5594ee29fce16ad40c8fe64a048b2574
    sms onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. c17042c48ca3ca207716b1213d3d4696
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete